There is no dual citizenship agreement in place between Cabo Verde and Spain. Residence permits are issued one year after the complete application is submitted.
The following documents must be submitted to apply for a residence permit (updated 30-11-2012):
- Application addressed to the “Commander Geral da Policía de Ordem Pública”.
- Clean criminal record, translated into Portuguese and with the Hague Convention Apostille.
- Clean criminal record from Cabo Verde (if applicable).
- Police register (Cadastro Policial) certificate issued by the Police Public Order Squad of your place of residence in Cabo Verde.
- Medical certificate issued by the Police Station corresponding to your place of residence in Cabo Verde.
- Certificate of residence issued by the Town Hall.
- Proof of residence. (Order No. 11/99 of August 9, art. 7, no. 3)
- 3 passport-type colour photographs.
- Photocopy of your passport featuring all pages containing current visas and Cabo Verde entry stamps.
- Proof of financial means (Decree 11/99 of August 9, art. 19 and 20):
– Employer certificate
– Employment contract authorized by the corresponding area of the Cabo Verdean Ministry of Labour.
- Application form (price: CVE 130).
- Five Cabo Verde Ministry of Finance payment forms (Form B).